Marketing Officer (based in London Office but with occasional travel to Oxford and other concert venues)
The Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra, one of the UK’s leading orchestras and Orchestra in Residence at the University of Oxford, seeks a highly-motivated Marketing Officer, to play a key role in devising and implementing marketing campaigns to promote concerts and other events.
The role will be based in our North West London office.
- Devising marketing campaigns for Oxford concerts and tours
- Production coordination of season brochures and other publications
- Copywriting: concert descriptions, e-bulletins, social media content
- Proofing brochures, flyers, adverts, concert programmes and other print & online content
- Managing the OPO social media accounts and creating compelling content to attract new followers
- Creating website content, including image editing
- Website maintenance via its content management system Joomla
- Creating e-bulletins using MailChimp
- Co-ordinating PR opportunities with external PR agency
- Inputting concert listings online
- Promoting events through the Faculty of Music/Oxford University Music Society
- Database maintenance and audience segmentation
- Supporting the Ticketing Officer with Box Office duties such as ticket bookings&customer queries
- Coordinating & maintaining relationships with key partners such as Oxfordshire County Music Partnership
- This is a dynamic role which will continue to develop and other additional duties will reflect these changes
1. Essential abilities/qualifications:
- Knowledge and passion for classical music, particularly orchestral music
- Strong copywriting and proofreading skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong IT skills and ability to learn new software
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Minimum 2 years marketing experience in the arts
- Strong communication skills
Meticulous accuracy and attention to detail
2. Preferred abilities/qualifications:
- Experience updating and managing websites
- Experience of working with databases
- A degree in music
Salary £23-26k dependent on experience.
Deadline for application submission: 10am on Monday 22 October 2018.